Friday, July 27, 2012

Art, gardening and food.....

It's been an interesting year so far, particularly as I have realized that I have been engaged in new opportunities and interests that have kept me from creating a new post for well over six months. During this time I have enjoyed spending time in my studio creating new pieces, have enrolled in several different workshops from Transition Town Training to Permaculture courses, started an independent online study of Permaculture and have in the meantime created a huge garden project. This year has been a realization that I need and would like to grow as much of my own food as possible, enjoy more time outside (especially after being sick for 5 months in total last year), truly engage in community resiliency and enjoy the company of those who bring great meaning for me on many levels in my life. I aim to be more self-sufficient in everything I do, particularly with making my own products like toothpaste and deodorant (to name a few), increasing my culinary knowledge to incorporate more fermented foods and the list goes on.

My time in my studio continues to be an expression of what inspires me most - the forest and woodland creatures which surround my home, the idea of embracing many permaculture principles and bringing them forth in all aspects of life and truly embracing a positive outlook as the world at large is face to face with many exciting challenges and changes ahead.

Just a few of my most recent creations:



Levitate
Acrylic, Pastel and Pencil on Wood
(SOLD)



Visitors
Acrylic,Pastel and Pencil on Wood
(SOLD)




In All of Its Pigness
Acrylic, Pastel and Pencil on Wood
(inspired by Joe Salatin of Polyface Farms)
Barnyard Bliss
Acrylic, Pastel and Pencil on Wood
(SOLD)


Bear
Acrylic, Pastel and Pencil on Wood
(inspired by the bear 
Get Better
Acrylic, Pastel and Pencil on Wood












1 comment:

Enchanted Blue Planet said...

Just found your blog on a Sunday morning flipping through "next Blog" at the top of my blog and am most inspired by this post which resonates so with values of my own. Good luck and good health in all you do!

Blog Archive