Friday, February 03, 2012

Nova Scotia Ice Wine Festival

It's the time of year where the temperatures have dipped and the snow on the ground is glistening in the beautiful sunlight. It's also the time of year where Nova Scotia celebrates the bounty of Ice Wine combined with local food and outdoor activities. You can view a list the many events here:
http://www.nsicewinefestival.ca/events/2012-02/

Over the past two winters I have decided to truly embrace the season ~ one of which I have not always been entirely fond of. It helps to have a dog to get you outside ~ watching their tail wag even in the most frigid and stormy conditions keeping the feeling of happy alive! On my daily walks through the forest I often stop to admire the many lines and forms of ice in the various frozen pools along the trails. When the sky is bright blue, the ice emits a bluish hue. I always carry my camera with me on these walks and love to discover the many "Ice Formations" which change each day with the rise and fall of temperatures.

I am lucky enough to showcase some of my photographs at my favourite local shop, The Gaspereau Fibre Shop http://www.gaspereauvalleyfibres.ca/. This weekend they will feature wine from a local organic winery, L'Acadie http://www.lacadievineyards.ca/ and also have a chef on site who will create a dish from local lamb.

We are indeed so very lucky to live in the Annapolis Valley where food and community keep the spirit of creativity alive on so many different levels. I love this place and will take every opportunity to celebrate it and embrace February.


2 comments:

wonderous woolerie said...

Hope these pieces are still at Gaspereau Valley Fibres when I go to the meeting next Tuesday!

wonderous woolerie said...

Hope these pieces are still at Gaspereau Valley Fibres when I go to the meeting next Tuesday!

Blog Archive