Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Wild Orchids, frogs and spring...

Thanks to all who came out to the opening of my Bicycle exhibit!! :) The show will be up until June 26, 2011 at Harvest Gallery in Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada. If you are interested in viewing the artwork, you can visit www.harvestgallery.ca (click on events to view the exhibit).

After finally getting the show up, it was time for me to take a break and enjoy the season and rest a bit before I begin my next project. During this rest I took photographs of the wild orchids that surround my home and of course played in the forest with my dog.

I always love this time of year when I get to discover the many variations, shapes and sizes of the lady slippers ~ such a fascinating floral species. They are considered endangered ~ so we are not allowed to pick them. I do remember as I child though, bringing one of these flowers home to my mother. While she appreciated the gesture she made sure I only enjoyed the flowers in nature where they grew. Since then I have appreciated their beauty as every May/June rolls around.

Some of the trails on our property are quite wet due to all of the rain we have had over the past month. I'm sure the frogs LOVE it! I have been taking photos of the same frog for the past week ~ we greet each other with a glance and then he/she sits still while I photograph him/her in the mud. I always thank the frog for its patience. :)

Another wee project I have been working on is a little book titled "Art & Inspiration". It is a collection of art and inspiration based on my daily jaunts through the forest with my dog. Stay tuned for further info. I will be sure to post more about it when it is complete.

I'm off to work out the logistics of my next project. Hope you have a delightful day and have a chance to get outside and discover what exists before your very eyes. "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" (Christina Pratt).

No comments:

Blog Archive