Friday, June 24, 2011

New Pieces and upcoming Art show

Since my last exhibit BICYCLE, I have been doing a bit of gardening as a little break before I start my next intensive studio time ~ painting and felting for an upcoming Art & Craft show in Toronto at the Distillery District (July 30th, 31st and August 1st). Of course this gardening project has been very much a weather permitting type of break....so on the rainy days I have been working away in the studio. Here are two of my most recent paintings (continuing the theme of animals on bicycles).

Slow Rider
Acrylic, Pastel and Pencil on Wood Panel
24" x 24"
Price $550














This piece was inspired by a friend who works with seals. Grey Seals can be found throughout various coastal communities in Nova Scotia. I once had the opportunity to swim near them in the wild.

















Please do drop by if you are in the area (Distillery District in Toronto) on July 30th, 31st and August 1st. I look forward to seeing you and also meeting those I have yet to have the pleasure to meet. :)

No comments:

Blog Archive